PMT Meter Compatibility
The following calculator will help you determine whether a specific meter is compatible with an EN1501 pulse meter transmitter (PMT) with respect to flow rate.
In addition, please refer to your meter literature/installation guide or contact the meter manufacturer to ensure it conforms to the specifications below. Please contact Inovonics Technical Support with additional questions.
The EN1501 requires the following input specifications for compatibility:
- A dry contact such as a reed switch is required.
- The pulse width of a switch output when it is activated must be greater than or equal to 10ms.
- The fastest pulse rate must be one pulse every four seconds.
- Closed impedance of the pulser mechanism must be smaller than 1k ohm.
- Open impedance of the pulser mechanism must be greater than five ohm.