The following calculator will help you determine whether a specific meter is compatible with an EN1501, EN1501-EXT or EN1501-EXT pulse meter transmitter (PMT) with respect to flow rate.
In addition, please refer to your meter literature/installation guide or contact the meter manufacturer to ensure it conforms to the specifications below. Please contact Inovonics Technical Support with additional questions.
The EN1501 , EN1501-XL and EN1501-EXT require the following input specifications for compatibility:
- A dry contact such as a reed switch is required.
- The pulse width of a switch output when it is activated must be greater than or equal to 10ms.
- The fastest pulse rate must be one pulse every four seconds.
- Closed impedance of the pulser mechanism must be smaller than 1k ohm.
- Open impedance of the pulser mechanism must be greater than five ohm.