Security industry leader takes leadership role in educating industry on the need to protect schools and workplaces of all kinds
LAS VEGAS, ISC WEST (Booth #16109), April 2, 2014 – Inovonics (https://www.inovonics.com
), a leading provider of enterprise life safety and specialized commercial wireless systems, continues its drive for building awareness around Enterprise Mobile Duress (EMD) for needed people protection systems in schools and the workplace at ISC West 2014 taking place in Las Vegas this week (http://www.iscwest.com/
Inovonics has a number of things in motion at ISC West 2014, one of the industry’s largest security conferences, which will help continue promoting awareness around ways to avert workplace and school violence through a systemized approach via Enterprise Mobile Duress.
Planned activities include:
- Sponsorship of the entire Education Track at ISC West in line with its objective of helping promote ways to overcome the challenges in today’s K-12 schools regarding bullying, name-calling, biases and outright violence in order to better protect our children, teachers and school guests. In line with this, Inovonics also formed a panel of education experts comprised of a bestselling author on school safety and protection issues; a school security director who will offer real-world experiences on student safety; and, a former president of a large school district in Colorado, to offer real-world best practices for overcoming and thwarting these types of situations.
- A book signing by bestselling school safety expert Barbara Coloroso in its booth (#16109) at ISC West. Coloroso will be autographing books on Wednesday, April 2 from 2 to 3 p.m. PST.
- Announcement of two new partner integrations (with Mercury Security and Milestone Systems) for its EN6080 Area Control Gateway with location. Based on PSIA open industry standards, these two new integrations offer security resellers and integrators the ability to extend the value of their customer’s existing security infrastructure with EMD capabilities – merging the best of both worlds (physical security with people protection) to ensure a safer environment for workplaces and schools of all kinds.
- A best practices guide to improving safety in K-12 as a special supplement in Campus Safety’s ISC West Show Issue for security directors, integrators and resellers to help them in their quest for ways to select from and then optimize the various technologies available in the security market today for assuring school safety.
- A white paper that outlines the key issues facing school security directors and administrators and offers a road map for ways to evaluate and implement security technologies available on the market today.
“With workplace and school safety at a prime time high, we cannot afford to put these initiatives on the back burner,” said Mark Jarman, president of Inovonics. “We believe the best way to improve the safety of our children, and people in any type of public environment, is to educate our partners and customers on the ways to avert these things from happening in the first place. Inovonics is dedicated to making this a priority to ensure we are helping do our part
by adding ‘people protection’ as crucial element of the security equation.”